The objective of the project is to inestigate the practical side of scheduling theory. This can be achieved in the following ways:
A. Choose a real life scheduling problem that fits into one of the models studied in this course, such as job shop, flow shop, single machine and parallel machines. Using real life data develop the model by defining the problem structure, constraints, objective function and clearly stating the assumptions. Select an appropriate solution method to obtain an optimal or a near optimal schedule. Compare your solution with existing solutions and discuss the results.(around 16 pages)
B. Select an integre programming formulation for any of the scheduling problems and generate a medium size problem to dominstrate the use of the model in solving such problems.(around 7 pages)
1. A short and informative typed report of the work done must be submitted. Hand written reports are not acceptable.
2. A 15 minute well organized presentation must be given in class. The presentations will be scheduled on the last week of classes.
Report writing for part A
The final report of the course project must be submitted on time. Late reports will be penalized. The report must be neatly typed and presented. Hand written reports and spelling mistakes are not acceptable. Reports with more than one partner are expected to be more detailed and will be graded accordingly. The report should include the following parts:
1. Introduction: In this part you introduce the problem you are considering in your project in general terms. you also give a brief background of the problem and its importance both theoretically and practically. You also state your objectives, what you are trying to achieve in this project and what is the methodology you are going to use. Finally you give the layout of you report.
2. Problem statement: In this part you state the problem and your objective formally.
3. Literature survey. In this part of your report you overview the research done that is directly on indirectly related to the your problem. For each paper you mention the problem specification if different from your problem, the method of solution and main results and contributions. At the end of this part you may summarize your conclusions and suggest directions for further research.
4. Work done: (Choose a suitable title). In this part you describe your contribution to this problem. Describe the method of solution and the results you obtained.
5. Summary and conclusion: In this part you summarize this project by stating the problem your solution approach and the major results you obtained. Finally you suggest directions for future research.
4 freelance font une offre moyenne de ₹5631 pour ce travail
Dear Employer, I have read your project requirements and understood that you need a good writer. I am working in this field for 3 years and can help you with this project within the timelines with not compromising o Plus
I am a newcomer in this field and want to start my career on a high note. I will give my best if you selects me.
I will provide the report on your project within a short span of time. Exceptionally good engineering paper. Trust me with your project.