This project will need to be completed by 28/05/2012 at 6:00am New Zealand time.
This Assignment "Assignment 3" is an extension of "Assignment 2" Which will be provided along with text file1 and text file 2.
as you can see the requirement are detailed below with a making scheduled.
Along with filling the requirement I will ask for clear and comprehensive commenting in the code.
The aim of this assignment is to implement and manipulate the basic operations related to Singly linked list, Doubly linked list and binary search tree data structures.
Assume that [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view] contain unknown number of strings (text format). Write a Java program that prints out all the strings that are in [url removed, login to view] but not in [url removed, login to view] in an ascending order.
Pseudo algorithm to do this task:
- Read the strings/names in [url removed, login to view] and insert them into a doubly linked list.
- Read the strings/names in [url removed, login to view] and insert them into a singly linked list.
- Scan the singly linked list and for each string:
o Remove all occurrences of this string from the doubly linked list.
- Insert all the items in the doubly linked list into the binary search tree.
- Print out all the elements in the binary search tree in an ascending order (in-order) &acirc;€“ five strings per line.
- Print out the &acirc;€œheight&acirc;€ of the binary search tree.
- Reading the two files and adding the strings to the associated singly/doubly linked list &acirc;€“ 5%
- Scanning the singly linked list and removing items from the doubly linked list &acirc;€“ 5%
- Inserting the elements into the binary search tree &acirc;€“ 30%
- Comments and clear code that is easy to understand &acirc;€“ 30%
- Traversing and printing the results in an ascending order &acirc;€“ 15%
- Calculating the height of the tree &acirc;€“ 15%