Task: Designing a Database
Choose any organization and design a database for that this organization by following the format given below. Some suggestions are bank, university, school, hospital, library, football club, car sales company, bookstore etc.
• The summary is an abstract that gives a broad picture of the contents of the report.
• It should not start off by “In this report you are going to….” This summary should be one page.
• It should summarize the report to the extent that if this is the only page the reader reads, he/she will know what is in the full report.
B. Company & Product Description
• Give a background of the chosen company.
• Describe briefly what you are going to do for this company. Here, you will list the tables you are going to make with their columns and primary keys. You must make at least five tables.
C. Entity-Relationship Diagram
• Make an ER Diagram to show entities, attributes and relationships between all the tables.
• Write a paragraph to describe your ER Diagram.
• In this section, show the tables with some data – at least five rows.
• Make sure all the tables are normalized up to 3 NF (no multivalued attributes, no partial and transitive dependencies).
• If you need to make new tables to do normalization, you can show the new tables in this section.
E. Relational Algebra
• Perform all eight relational algebra operations on any of your tables and show the output.
F. Member Contribution & Conclusions
• Clearly describe how each member contributed towards achieving the project’s objectives including tasks and roles