GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for specimen receipt and preparation, records creation, reporting of results and transferring data to accounts receivable. Ensures all patient data is obtained and maintained in accordance with all applicable HIPAA regulations.
1. Performs all of the following:
· enters test requisition data into computer creating an accessioning record which includes: patient demographics and physician data, test requests, ICD- 9CM code, and testing priority;
· initiates an audit trail if any data required for the accessioning record is missing or ambiguous. The trail is initiated from the billing menu when accessioning data is transferred to accounts receivable;
· produces bar code labels
· affixes replicates of labels to test requisition and specimen (blood or other) containers;
· prepares specimens for testing by centrifuging tubes for tests requiring serum or plasma;
· distributes specimens to appropriate departments for analysis;
· communicates with extended care facility (ECF) to correct, clarify, or add any information found to be in question or missing on the test requisition;
· communicates with the Laboratory Director and/or the Compliance Officer if accessioning irregularities have not been resolved at the time of accessioning.
2. Modifies test request data after obtaining previously missing, incomplete, or physician clarification information.
3. Enters patient information for potential new clients provided by facility
4. Follows established protocols to determine which patients’ test result data requires immediate reporting by telephone (ALERTS).
5. Communicates with nursing personnel at ECFs to relay ALERT test values.
12 freelance font une offre moyenne de $19/heure pour ce travail
Hello! I am an expert in copy-typing and converting text from e.g. jpgs or another image files to word or other file formats. Please let me know when you are interested in my work!
I have 2 year experience of data entry and copy typing. Please give me a one opportunity. I will work with full responsibility and energy. So please give me a one opportunity. Thank you