We are looking for a remote HR Consultant who can work directly with our leadership team to manage all our HR functions. We are a small business with a few entities across the US but growing quickly! This role is only needed part-time for now (~5-10 hrs per week), but as we grow, we would love to see this position develop and take on more responsibility. In addition to the HR responsibilities there will also be some administrative tasks assigned. This will be an HR Department of One, we need someone who is capable of handling this work independently.
Key Deliverables will include:
• Advise leadership team on HR Issues, process improvement, legal requirements, etc.
• Onboard new hires in Gusto & manage their employee files/paperwork.
• Ensure compliance with all employment laws, regulations, required training etc. for all our employees and independent contractors.
• Manage payroll & benefit functions through Gusto.
• Oversee and advise on employee relations concerns and terminations – although, this is minimal, we are a great team.
• Lead and review the employee performance review process.
• Ensure employment tax and payroll is set up appropriately when we open in new states.
• Maintain compliance on workers’ comp and other insurance.
• File sales tax reports, and other minor administrative work