Initially, I am looking for a contractor who can accomplish simple tasks related to a school-calendaring project. (On-going work will be possible for the right candidate)
The work is divided into two parts, expand the number of schools and maintain the data quality.
1) Find school calendar URLs: Using a provided list of schools, find their calendar’s website using Google or other search site, add the website to a Google doc / Excel doc (that will be provided). The link we are looking for will either be a static calendar or an ICS feed (preferred). When the calendar URL has been found, we will add the school to our calendaring system and give you access to the account. The first two days will be spent finding URLs for school's calendars.
2) Transfer the events to our calendaring system: The school accounts will be setup for you. All you will need to do is copy and past the events into the correct day at the correct time. Or if preferred, create an ICS file for us and we will load it into the system. We will add schools on a region-by-region basis. We will add as many schools as we can in one region then go on to the next region. Once the school has been added we will make sure it is monitored for changes.
1) We will receive alerts via email about changes to various school calendar websites in an email inbox that you will have access to. The emails will show you the differences between what the website was and what it is now. You will need to be able to understand if the change affects the calendar or if it is unrelated to calendars.
2) Using a calendar interface (provided), compare two calendars to make sure the information matches. (One is an external feed, the other is our information). If they don’t match, change ours to match. If the event doesn’t exist already, add it (easily done with a right-click command) and assign it to the correct calendar. (Notifications will be provided that shows where changes have occurred which makes things much easier. Calendars will already exist.)
3) For some schools who haven’t given us a feed, using a provided website, confirm the calendar information is accurate. Review the website information and make sure it matches the information on the calendar.
Attention to detail and data quality are of the highest importance.
• All work is browser based
• A high-speed internet connection
• A Google Docs account that will be used to share information or we can share via Excel
• A calendaring application that can export ICS (if you would prefer to send us an ICS file; keep in mind the event's timezone)
• Basic application training with the calendar will be provided.
• Detail-oriented and organized with strong time-management skills and the ability to manage a 20 hours per week self- directed work schedule. Eventually. we will need at least two hours per day 5 days a week.
• Proficient in English. High comprehension skills especially related to calendars, times and dates
• Avid internet enthusiast with excellent web research and analytical capabilities
At the beginning, you are expected to work at least 2-4 hours a day, which can be spread at anytime of the day.
Those who are fast, smart and quick to grasp should bid for this because it could be an ongoing renewable assignment with more hours and a higher rate if the work is of high quality.
If we select your bid, we will assign some of the above work for a few days with pay to see how efficient, resourceful and quick you are in hopes of hiring you for a longer period of time.
We welcome all bids. You stand a better chance to be selected if your bid is reasonable and affordable because we are looking for long term hiring.
Start your application with the word "high five" to weed out non-serious applicants. Also, please tell us what day of the week comes after Monday.
16 freelances ont fait une offre moyenne de 4 $ /heure pour ce travail
High five..HI Dear! I am interested in your project and I am confident to do this accurately. plz hire [url removed, login to view] for reply. thanks
"high five",[url removed, login to view] more then 1 years of experience on web research.I am a programmer , I can understand calendar functionalities. Thanks
This is ;better and effective than others. Guyz i found a free online money making [url removed, login to view] cost nothing but this website pays as just you need to view there adds and there are also saveral tasks to [url removed, login to view] only tak Plus