We're looking for someone with:
- A love of Maps and Mapping! :)
- Reasonable knowledge of Australia
- Knowledge of Excel and Google Maps
- Good ability to think laterally
- Great ability to ask questions and follow instructions
We have a list of approximately 570 locations.
We need to generate Latitude and Longitude for these locations
- are often RURAL and REGIONAL.
- are often only LOW QUALITY satellite is available
- are often VAGUE with descriptions
- Google often cannot return an accurate result for search
You will need to work **Manually**. It is not possible to automate this.
In addition, you will need to use your cunning and smarts, and often make two or even three tries to get a valid location.
These locations have the following information:
- Unique Identifier e.g. "123"
- Town or City Name e.g. "Cairns"
- Vague description of Location e.g. "St Lawrence Store, Main St, St Lawrence" or "Broad Street News, Sarina".
For each location we need this additional two pieces of information:
- Latitude, Longitude
- Accuracy Score
You will not be able to be 100% accurate all the time. This is OK, no one could possibly be 100% accurate here. Therefore: In addition to finding Latitude and Longitude here we require you to add a "Accuracy" score for each record that rates your own accuracy.
A VERY complete brief is available for the winning bidder.
The brief contains a lot of tricks and tips from our internal team. We have been doing this for quite a while and can help you get good at it.
Please place your bid! And then in addition, prove that you have read and understood this brief by sending me a PM with the answer to this simple maths question: 2 + 9 = ? All bids without a PM containing the right answer will be ignored.
WARNING: Google's automatic Geocoder WILL NOT WORK for most locations. These locations are often TOO SPECIFIC or TOO VAGUE for Google to automatically Geocode. You must not use any automation, because automation will fail.
We're looking forward to finding an excellent mapping guy here! If you succeed at this project we will have a lot more work for you and we are happy to pay well for the job.
Good luck guys! :)