I am reposting this project because the freelancer who undertook to perform the job failed to deliver it on time.
You will be required to conduct initial research and data entry. This might become a part of a much larger project.
You will be required to find information about handymen across the U.S. and Canada.
Each handyman must have an email address.
The number of entries: 5 per city in 5 cities per state / province / Canadian territory. For example: for California: 5 handymen in each of Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose and Sacramento; etc.
==> the total number of entries would be: (50 states + 13 canadian provinces and territories) x 5 cities x 5 handymen = 1575 entries.
Of these five per city I would prefer:
- 2 to represent a larger company with a website,
- 2 to be individuals with websites, and
- 1 to be individuals without a website, but who advertise on craigslist or kijiji (but they need to have a real email address, not the one generated by craigslist). A good example would be: [url removed, login to view]
You will be required to create two excel tables with the following information:
TABLE 1: has the following columns (the columns marked with an asterisk may NOT be empty:
1. *Name [One field only - can be a business name or a personal name]
2. Website [not required]
3. Phone number [not required]
8. *List of skill codes that apply (see below)
9. Hourly rate (if there is a uniform hourly rate for all services)
TABLE 2: has the following columns:
1. SkillID in the form of a 3-digit code (001, 002, 003 etc.)
2. Skill Name (e.g. windows cleaning; pest control; lamp repairs etc.)
3. Skill Category (see explanation below)
Please choose among the following categories for the Skill Category column:
- Building repair and construction
- Minor repairs
- Furniture installation
The example of TABLE 2:
001 | Fixing faucets | Plumbing
002 | Hanging pictures | Misc.
003 | Washing windows | Windows
I realize that categorizing the advertised skills may not always be easy, but do your best.
Use the Skill Codes from TABLE 2 in List of Skills column of TABLE 1: (001, 032, 045, 235 etc.)
Logistically, you will fill the entries for both tables at the same time. For example, you find a website with a handyman advertising what he can do. If a skill he advertises is not in TABLE 2, you add it to TABLE 2 with a unique 3-digit code, then you add that 3-digit code to TABLE 1 in the column "Skills" for that particular handyman. If the skill advertised already exists in TABLE 2, then you simply add the respective 3-digit code to the Skills column in TABLE 1 for that particular handyman.
IMPORTANT: If you want to bid on this, please send me a sample excel file listing 5 handymen from Vancouver, BC, Canada and 5 handymen from any one other US or Canadian city of your choice, according to the instructions above.