The Veypor Analysis Software (VAS) is a basic datalogging analysis program to complement our line of Veypor Performance Gauges for motorcycles ([url removed, login to view]).
The Veypor gauges log data and store it on the device for later download to a PC via virtual COM port over USB. The data is downloaded to the PC as ASCII coded values. The data is parsed and then graphed so the user can analyze their performance.
The VAS software was originally created for Windows XP using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0. It is now outdated, has a cumbersome installer, and has superfluous GUI elements.
2.1 Port to Visual Studio 2010
The current package compiles fine under MS Visual C++ 6.0, but fails under MS Visual Studio 2010 with many errors.
The solution needs to be ported to Visual Studio 2010:
• All errors resolved/fixed
• Code brought up to spec, fix any critical compile errors
• Program should be able to compile, run stable and all functions work as expected
• Open sample datalog files and view data
• Download data from a Veypor device using a virtual COM port
2.2 GUI Clean Up
• Remove “Veyporate Upload Run” button in main window
• Remove VAB Datalogging Button on main window
• Remove “Firmware Programmer” from tools drop down menu
2.3 New Installer
Remove the firmware programmer and help file currently bundled with the VAS as it is outdated and no longer needed
Use the Visual Studio 2010 installer builder (.msi)
Zipped up directory of the complete solution including all files related to the project.