Press Pass has a few openings for forward-deployed beat correspondents.
A beat correspondent acts like the ears and eyes of Press Pass within their beat/geographical specialty and helps some of the world's top media people find mainstream and expert sources for their stories using our Twitter-based product.
Every day hundreds of journalists from the world's top publications are using Twitter to reach out to sources for their stories. We want to help them. Your job will be to spot those people, learn more about their needs, and help them find great sources by researching Twitter and the web. Journalists will love you for it.
- Finding a female small business owner who has had breast cancer and recovered.
- Finding a Syrian activist to go on TV and talk about the recent unrest in the country.
- Finding an economist to comment on the effect of Greece's economic situation on the developing world.
Small business owners, activists, entrepreneurs, artists, professionals, consultants, PR practicioners, and others are on Twitter because they want their voice heard in the public arena. The people you will spot as sources will have a chance to have their voice amplified in the media. And they'll love you for it, Cupid :)
- Schmooze and build relationships with media professionals of all kinds around the world.
- Find sources and fact check, in a way that makes your college professor proud in an environment that he is still trying to put his arms around.
- Give feedback and ideas that will influence a product affecting the future of journalism.
You will NOT:
- Get rich quick.
- Sit in an SEO content factory sweat shop.
- Get an A+ on a creative writing assignment.
- Have an an eight to five job.
Press Pass is a Dubai-based self-funded journalism internet startup that is focused on helping media professionals like journalists, radio hosts, bloggers, TV producers create better stories by creating new ways to innovative ways to connect them with their communities.
- The Next Web: [url removed, login to view]
- Wamda: [url removed, login to view]
- Gulf News: [url removed, login to view]
- Have worked as a journalist, editor, or fact checker and/or still do.
- Are active on social media - Twitter in particular.
- Have a high proficiency in English even if it's not your mother tongue.
- Have friends that tell you you're really smart & creative. Your mom doesn't count.
To join us: send us as many of those as possible:
- A link to your twitter account.
- A link to an article you're proud of writing with your byline on it.
- Something you've initiated that you're proud of.
Impress us. Tweet the username of your favorite journalist to @PressPassMe
IMPRESS us: Get your followers to retweet you.