Our company provides educational courses options for residents of retirement homes and nursing villages in NSW, Australia.
One of the key issues that our clients (we are hired by the retirement home management) is the difficulty in choosing courses for their residents. We would like to put together a short advice based booklet that will assist with this:
It will need to be divided into two sections: For the residents and for the management.
For each section, it should include aspects addressing the follow at the very least. Other key aspects should be discussed with myself.
For the management:
1. step by step method/hints and tips on how to identify your residents areas of interest
2. How to gauge interest
3. How to assist the community/group/individual in making decisions (how many choices to offer a person of a certain age, mental capacity etc)
4. When is it right for you to choose the courses and when it is right to leave it up to them.
5. How to involve the family in the decision making.
For the residents:
1. How to decide what you are interested in
2. Involving your family in the decision making
3. How to get other people interested as well (the courses generally need at least 6 individuals to go ahead because of costs)
Now even when the final decision is one or the other groups they still affect each other so this needs to be taken into consideration when putting together the advice booklet