The person we had originally hired (and paid) to do the programming is unable to do it at this juncture. However, he has agreed to do the design on paper. The ability to actually get his design ideas on the screen (and some of your own ideas) will be needed. However, what we need primarily is the programming end.
Once this project is completed, we would like to convert another website over to Volusion and will likely use the same candidate.
If you are interested, please address each or as many of the issues mentioned below and submit your quote along with a deadline you can meet.
• Relatively small website with only one product.
• All the content is ready to go. It's approximately 20 letter size pages. (Most of it is all under one page "ingredients" about 15 pages).
• Web based administrative area.
• Strongly considering Volusion since there is only one product and the monthly fee and features are reasonable. However, we will consider open source like Zen Cart, OsCommerce and Joomla. The determining factor will be the ability to include the features we need. With your proposal, please be sure to explain your reasoning for the cart or programming you wish to use and even why NOT to use certain carts or programming if you have the knowledge.
It should be noted that Volusion already contains most of these features so programming might be minimal and majority of time just plugging in our content.
• Abandoned/Live Cart Section- View Cart Contacts in Real-Time (available with Volusion)
Might be able to use Zeop (came with the software Email Marketing Director purchased for another company.
Product & Order Management
• Back end order management, ability to input orders directly into backend
• Quantity Discounting
• Multiple Pricing Levels (might be used for wholesale accts)
• Gift wrap pricing option and gift note option
• Inventory sharing (aka “Unit of measure” in Prostores)
• Batch order printing
• LIVE shipping calculations with several carrier options including FedEx, DHL and UPS, but USPS is by far the most important since that is the one that will be predominantly or exclusively used.
• Must have ability to calculate USPS shipping and tie into USPS algorithms for all 50 states including Puerto Rice, Alaska and Hawaii.
• Will need to calculate LIVE international postage using USPS algorithms all over the world.
• Quick "Estimated Shipping" Calculation using zip code.
• Free Shipping on orders over $___.
Separate log in feature for wholesale accounts
Basically, this is just a private area where retailers can sign in and view wholesale information and shop with wholesale prices. This might be as simple as assigning a promotional code (“Wholesale” for example), that will calculate a discount. We can send some examples from other websites if needed. counted price. Or, this function might be in Volusion aka “multiple pricing levels.”
Automated Email Templates
• Personalized basic email templates like Order Confirmation, Order Shipped, Thank you for your business, etc.
• It would be ideal if tracking information could be tied into the Order Shipped email and/or a link where tracking information could be obtained.
• Website must have attractive and concise one page checkout. Website must accept credit cards, checks, Paypal and Google. Volusion does offer this.
• Save customers encrypted credit card information.
• Accurate Tax Calculation Based on Customer's Location
• Anonymous checkout must be an option. Customers should be able to shop and purchase freely without a password. However, it is a must that we retain all of their contact information,
• Ability to add and retain additional shipping addresses.
• How were you referred?
• Google checkout for the UK
• CVC requirement okay for checkout but should not require “type” of credit card. Any number beginning with 4 is Visa, 5 is MC, 6 is Discover.
• Customer Account Login – Create an Account or Remain Anonymous
• Customer Can Update Information Within Their Account
• Customer Can View and Modify Orders
• Customer Can Track Packages Live
• Need some kind of security and SSL encryption implemented.
• PCI compliance
Refer a Friend
Most shopping carts come with a feature called “Email a friend”. Customers should be able to forward information about our product to a friend. It would be great if we could somehow tie into that information to keep track of who they referred. Or, ask for their referral’s email address so that we can offer a discount to that person that they referred the next time they purchase. Perhaps that could be included as a checkout feature?
Affiliate Management System
Volusion comes with a 5-tier affiliate system. Don’t think I will need that but will definitely need the ability for other websites to add themselves as affiliates on their own. I have several examples of other websites to use as a guideline if needed.
Google or other site map generator (/[url removed, login to view])
Desired or Future Features
• Ability to be displayed in several languages: French, Spanish, Japanese, German
• Ability to accept various currencies
Find a store feature (by zip code?)
Since we do not have any vendors yet, this is not important upfront, but will be as vendors are added.
• Ability to add new stores carrying our product on our own
• Ability to add new testimonials on our own
Built-in E-Mail Marketing/Newsletter Marketing
Additional Volusion features we desire
• Endicia/Dazzle Integration (might need this upfront)
• Phone Order System with Sales Rep Tracking
• Coupon Generation System
• Gift Certificates
• Free Shipping Option
• Direct QuickBooks Integration
• Input Orders Directly Into Your Backend
• CRM (customer relations management) ability to log and track customer calls and details.
• Ability to add more products