We are looking to hire 4 Software developers for Twitter Production Engineering.
- B.S. in computer science or similar field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.
Who We Are
Twitter is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to embed with our consumer product engineering teams. SREs supporting these teams will be dedicated to scaling our infrastructure, improving developer productivity, automation and tooling that power impactful features on Twitter, like the Timelines, Notifications, Search, Trends, and so much more.
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, availability, and internet and OS security fundamentals
· Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers in all aspects of their engineering skillsets
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, product strategy and influence outcomes in technical decision-making
· Experience using Amazon Web Services
· Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
Who You Are
You have a solid understanding of systems and application design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs
You have a systematic problem-solving approach with a track record of crafting and debugging distributed systems in production
You have strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive
You are adaptable and able to focus while working with large, complex, and multi-team owned services
You can take initiative on tasks and work well in a remote team environment