- Proficient in Verilog/VDHL and C/C++
- Experienced with Xilinx Vivado
- Experienced in debugging on ILA/JTAG
- Familiar with AXI interface
- Familiar with wireless communication system
VLNComm has several current working FPGA projects and one incomplete FPGA project in development on the topic of visible light communication (VLC) system. The projects include two nodes: user and access point (AP). Both parts include transmitter end and receiver end. The transmission implements Reed-Solomon channel coding and 4PAM modulation etc. The projects are normally tested on wired connection first then on VLC wireless channel. The developing project is based on the working ones with minor modifications. The developing project has several issues:
1. The project, on wired test, runs until around 500k packets are received, then causes byte shift in the received data. The possible cause of this issue is in a PHY receiver – pre FIFO – RS decoder – post FIFO setup,
the PHY receiver was originally checking post FIFO empty signal in previously working projects, then is modified to check the pre FIFO instead. Bugs are created in this modification. Therefore, a workaround would be to switch back to check post FIFO empty. But ideally, the bug should be fixed.
2. When PHY receiver checks post FIFO empty, PHY receiver is seeing packet drops. This is possibly due to post FIFO not being emptied fast enough. A possible workaround is to slow down the transmission of in opposite direction (can be done in C code), so that microcontroller has more time on emptying the post FIFO.
3. 4PAM is implemented. For VLC wireless test, the threshold of decoding 4PAM needs to be adjusted.
4. The DC-gain needs to be adjusted for each sample rates. The system supports multiple sample rates.
5. The system supports a variable data rate (VDR) mechanism which includes a feedback logic. The system works fine when the data rate is fixed (FDR) no matter what data rate is pre-selected. But the VDR sees packet drops. A possible starting point to troubleshoot this issue is to set the VDR boundary so that it simulates FDR. Then gradually expand the boundaries so that eventually it includes all the data rates available.
6. The receiver implements a mechanism called “reflection reduction”. Basically, it subtracts a static value based on the transmitted signal strength from the received signal, so that eliminating the impact of the reflection of the transmitted signal on the received signal. The implementation needs to be verified on VLC test. The delay between the transmitted signal and the subtraction needs to be confirmed.
The RTL designer will work closely (but remotely) with engineers in VLNComm to troubleshoot in both wired and wireless tests.
27 freelance font une offre moyenne de $4437 pour ce travail
Dear sir I have more than 10 years experience in digital design using FPGA , please check my profile profile also please message me so that we can discuss Best regards
We have 13+ years experience in circuit & PCB design, manufacture & assemble, embedded firmware & application, Mobile Apps development. We have developed many products ago using various microcontroller including STM32 Plus
Hi, I am a post graduate power electronics engineer and having very good experience in product design and development. We have a team of 4 members who are well qualified and highly experienced in VLSI programming and Plus
Dear customer, I am really happy to help you out of this project. I would like to introduce that I am an freelancer with 100% JOB COMPLETED in VHDL/VERILOG. I am really suitable for job description: First: I a Plus
For more information inbox me so that we can discuss in detail. For more information inbox me so that we can discuss in detail.
Hello. i am electrical engineer and firmware programming expert i read your job description and i am very interested i will do my best and you will get good result thank you
Hi, I'm an electronic and telecommunication engineer working in leading VLSI EDA company. I'm working on Ethernet related protocol systems and I have good background knowledge in communication systems, and it's implem Plus
Hi, I hope you are doing well and enjoying digital design. I believe implementing a design right form modeling until verifying it on an FPGA is always a very special experience. Throughout my 3+ years of experie Plus
Hello! Based on your requirements I would say I can fit in. I have solid experience in networking (infotainment and wireless transceiver ASICs), and I have also worked on many-core SoC where AXI was main interfa Plus
Hello , This is Mohamed Saied an Embedded Software Engineer who has Experience in Communication , The required is to have a complete wired and wireless Visible light communication and solve the issues in the transmitte Plus
I have experience in VHDL and C++/C along with xilinx vilvado. I do have some questions about working with the team.
Hi I’m electronic engineer, I can do it easily and I have the Xilinx full license to compile it with ISE.
Hi, I have more than 5 years in digital design including FPGA and ASICs. I also have experience with RTL verification. Thanks
Experienced hardware designer in silicon valley. Worked on several projects using Xilinx vivado workflow for L2/L3 routing switches. Worked with high speed data Phy with Fmax in the hundreds of MHz range. Familiar with Plus