We are seeking a COTS pause (Exercise Break) software program as a preventative measure to minimise the incidence of musculoskeletal disorders and influence behavioural change within the organisation. The software is required to provide messages from the desktop which will encourage micro pauses, breaks from the keyboard and appropriate exercise regimes. The program should empower employees to manage their own safety within a screen based environment.
2.1.1. The pause program will:
• be able to be set up to meet the employee, team or business area’s risk or health profile;
• be used as a prevention and early intervention tool and a strategy to address areas that are identified as having a high risk of body stressing or employees with special needs; and
• be able to report on keyboard and mouse activity and assist in identifying high risk body stressing areas and individuals.
2.1.2. The program should be able to deliver the following messages and reminders to the user’s computer, based on keyboard activity and risk:
• micro pauses;
• exercise regimes to prevent MSD;
• provision of health advice; and
• effective ergonomic education.
2.1.3. The program should have the following features:
• licence should be device based not assigned to an individual user;
• be able to be set up by an individual or administrator to meet the needs of the employee, team or business area;
• a wizard type program to tailor individual and group health profiles to adapt to various work types and practices;
• options for the user or administrator to control or manage messages and reporting features;
• be structured to manage keyboard work restrictions (eg. an employee on a restricted return to work program);
• ability to maintain the settings or current progress and usage/reporting history despite the user changing computers or working from different locations;
• be adaptable to meet the requirements of employees with special needs;
• be compatible with the business' adaptive technology (currently using Zoom Text, Dragon Naturally Speaking and Jaws); and
• be effective from the desktop and the business' mobile computing platform.
2.2. Reporting Capabilities
2.2.1. The software should have the following reporting capabilities:
• analysis of user progress (eg. keyboard activity and breaks) for user or administrator view;
• analysis of user group progress (eg. teams, business units, identified high risk user groups);
• analysis of break compliance;
• ability to identify specific activity (eg. keyboard and mouse) by individual and/or user group;
• ability to identify computer usage (eg. average daily computer use); and
• ability to assess work activity patterns to identify high risk users or user groups.
Please private message me if you wish to submit quotes also.