Self Contained Media Archive HTML Based Viewer Program
Our religious organization has an abundance of media which we would like to be able to put on ONE self contained CD program, which can then be viewed in window or program that will function much like a web browser with extras.
We want to be able to put all our files into one folder on our computer, and then when we copy the contents of that folder onto a CD at any time (we have to update files regularly), we want to have the person receiving the CD to be able to put it on their computer, and it will (autorun) open instantly on their desktop, allowing them to access the various media.
The media we will have on the CD will consist of the following file types:
1) HTML web page documents
2) PDF documents
3) WMV video files
4) MP3 audio files
Also, we must have the following extra functions:
5) a Search function, which can search all documents for words entered in the search function box, and search the CD, and deliver results with hyperlinks to those documents or audio or video files.
6) a print function, where a user can print out any of the HTML or PDF documents
Functionality: When the CD is inserted into the users computer, the program will automatically open up our " [url removed, login to view]" page (which we will supply and update regularly), the index page will link to the various kinds of files on the CD. The user can select the file they want to read or view, or listen to or watch. The user must be able to click on the hyperlink to various kinds of files, and the program must know what to do with them (play or display them in the main window):
1) open up PDF (.pdf) documents into a PDF viewer.
2) open up HTML (.html) documents into a web page viewer
3) open up .MP3 files into a nice yet simple audio player.
4) open up the .WAV files into a nice yet simple video player.
The key is that we must be able to update our documents within the folders on the CD on a regular basis. We want to keep the ENTIRE program on our desktop, and when we need to, just copy all of those files (including your progam/viewer) in the main folder onto a CD, and have the program and files ready to go each time we do.
If you need other details contact me.