This project requires a command-line program (no GUI required), written in any programming language to read the contents of any FileMaker 6 database binary file in order to extract the following pieces of data. This application may run on MacOS X or Windows.
1) number of database fields in the file (numeric value 1 or higher number, can exceed 2000 fields per file)
2) name of each field (text value - max 60 characters)
3) ID number of each field (numeric value)
4) type of each field (text, numeric, date/time, container)
5) repeating field count for each field (numeric value 1 or higher number)
6) empty values Ok status of each field (Yes/No)
7) unique values requited status of each field (Yes/No)
8) global status of each field (Yes/No)
9) Access status of each field (Read Only/Read Write)
10) Protection status of each field
11) Calculation formula for each field (if field contents are the result of a calculation)
12) number of layouts within file
13) list of layout names within file
14) ID for each layout
15) visible status for each layout
16) Access status of each layout (Read Only/Read Write)
17) Protection status of each layout
18) lock status of each layout
19) listing of the name of each layout along with the names of each field located on the each layout.
As a command line program, the input filename/file path will be specified when invoking the program, the output will be printed to the screen and the program will exit.
The completed application needs to be well documented for each of the 19 pieces of data retrieved, as this info will be used in a future development project. For example, if you need to read 522 bytes into the file then convert the next 2 bytes to a number to get an answer, then please list this in the comments within the code.
You will be provided with a group of testing files which you can use for testing purposes to verify the correct operation of your code. There is no requirement for the developer of this project to own a copy of FileMaker software because you can use the demo version of FMChecker to verify your work.
Timeline: This project should be completed within 1 month. Depending upon the tools you have at your disposal, it could take a lot less time.
Skills (in addition to programming): Some skills which would probably be helpful in completing this project include use of a debugger/disassmbler like IDA Pro ([url removed, login to view]) to trace thru application execution in order to observe memory locations and disk locations which are been accessed while an application like FMChecker or FileMaker are reading the contents of a disk file. Use of a HEX editor application to read raw disk files would also be helpful.
6 freelance ont fait une offre moyenne de 1717 $ pour ce travail
We guarantee the quality and professionalism. We have experience in that field and will easily handle your project. Please check out PMB. YOU CAN TRUST US!