Program Area: Social Enterprise Portfolio
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Contract Position or Internship
Reports to: Sejal Patel, Portfolio Director
Last updated: October 2021
Community Health Councils (CHC) is a non-profit, community-based health education, advocacy and policy organization established in 1992 in response to the growing health and healthcare crisis. CHC’s mission is to collectively build equitable systems. CHC has been at the forefront of systems change work to eliminate disparities in health and well-being. Our policy areas include Health Systems, Food Justice, and Community and Economic Resiliency. Each area represents a unique opportunity to engage members of impacted communities in program and policy development through a wide variety of community interventions and strategies as well as representation and leadership through the coalitions and collaborations convened. With a primary focus on South Los Angeles and Compton, CHC works at the local, state, and national level to improve the health of under-served and marginalized communities by employing an innovative systems change framework that is inclusive of the overall social and environmental needs of the communities we serve.
The Business Market Analyst is responsible for supporting CHCs development of a number of Social Entreprise projects, including 3 food security projects, a service connections platform, and our Learning for Equity online curriculum. The analyst will conduct in depth market and financial research to assess, build out and verify established revenue models for each social enterprise project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct further research on established business plans including but not limited to, forecasting business growth, pricing for offerings, operational expenses, cash flow projections, etc.
• Conduct high level market research on each social enterprise projects.
• Particpate in biweekly meetings with Portfolio Director, Vice President of Economic Resilency and CFO to review findings and build out feasibility analyses.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required typically required.
• Business, finance, policy, marketing or related study
• 1-2 minimum years of experience in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Applied research experience, ability to access and analyze business market data ideally in food/agricultural production, online education platforms and/or online connectivity platforms.
• Basic level understanding of social enterprise aims and ideals.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Google Suite products and project management applications.
• Ability to work with staff and community members from diverse racial, sexual orientation, gender identity and cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
• Professional demeanor, able to function independently and within a team.
• Ability to learn quickly.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate well with remote teams. This will be a work from home position.
• Passion for social justice and equity in wealth creation for underserved communities is a plus.
Learning Objectives (for Internship)
• Enhance business market research and analysis skills in a variety of market areas.
• Gain experience in policy and systems change efforts and advocacy strategies.
• Increase knowledge and understanding of how social enterprise can address racial health disparities and inequities.
• Work closely with and be mentored and supported by executive leadership.
6 freelances font une offre moyenne de 4667 $ pour ce travail
Hi, I will give you professional business plan writing. I am a PhD writer with 10 years of experience. I have worked on several similar projects of business plan writing, and can deliver professional business plan Plus
Hi! We are a professional business solutions firm having seven years long experience serving clients across the globe. We provide high-level business, management, and accounting analysis including but not limited to SW Plus
Hi I am Msc in biotechnology and microbiology. I have 12 years of research and writing experience and have worked on PhD level thesis projects, published papers in peer reviewed journals and have also worked with sever Plus
Narinder Alliance Technologies LLC An IT Consulting and Software Development company. We have a team expert in Software Development, Application Development and Databases. Major offerings include Digital Transformatio Plus