Tropical Earthbag House
The House Brief
• The shape is round with 33 feet diameter.
• The ground floor contains kitchen and bathroom. And sitting and entertaining area
• Only the bathroom is enclosed with shower toilet and hand basin – it has wall light windows (like the enclosed) and is 100% tiled with the exception of the ceiling.
• The entire ground floor is open with minimal stairs to second floor which covers half the area and has a balcony.
• Second floor would have a double bed and study looking out windows to the south. Series of wide or even narrow windows would be fine.
• Second floor has minimal stair access to trapdoor and walk on thire floor.
• This roof floor is an open space with circular currugated iron roof (zinc) that catches rain and supports solar panels.
• The round space of the roof floor will be used for a table and chairs and small fridge for refreshments.
• It would be surrounded between roof and 45inch wall by mesh netting windows so that it is bug proof.
• The house only has one door.
• All windows and door have screens
• The home will be used for one/two people (seniors but active)
• The entire interior is completely open for you to work your skills on but is very minimalist – for instance hanging space for wardrodes open with a curtain. Kitchen with open cabinets etc. Bookcase on ground floor built in.
• Floors will be non slip tiles throughout
• Please feel free to suggust interior design as you think appropriate.
Please remember this building s in a tropical hurricance zone so some of the requirements reflect that. Maximum light and natural air movement is a prime requirement.
Imagine the walls as a series of cement bags because thats how they make up.
Here is a problem you could see if you could solve – at space between first and second floor I want to extend a shade roof outwards for 4 ft angled downwards and supported by pillar timbers to a ground floor verandah (slatted timbers walkway).
The shade roof would look like a brim on a top hat. The shade effect will have a huge thermal effect on interior temperatures.
2 freelance font une offre moyenne de $1611 pour ce travail
Hi , I can quickly terrace you need I can quickly terrace you need I can quickly terrace you need I can quickly terrace you need I can quickly terrace you need
Hi! I am an architect with over 9 years of professional experience in graphic,architectural and urban design. I would love to do this project and I can start straight away. As I want to build up experience on this webs Plus