New construction on 7.5 acres. It is to be designed for couple with main floor living, but able to be refitted as family home. Topos of the site are uploaded. An existing 600 sf cabin has been constructed on the upper ‘pole’ of the property. Grading has been completed to the ridge and site for primary construction. As you will notice from the below, I am a fan of passive ideas and intend to incorporate them as much as possible. I have uploaded a rough layout of the desired plan to incorporate the following ideas:
1) Enclosed central living such that complete living can take place in high heat/cold months insulated by surrounding space.
2) Wood stove not fireplace in main living area.
3) Open south facing living area with south sunroom with tile floors. Overhang sufficient to block summer sun. Living area ceiling height to second floor with additional second floor window (south facing) for light and also with overhang to prevent summer sun ingress.
4) North second floor enclosed, allowing though for air flow through in summer months.
5) South west corner, approximately 12x12 screen porch. Off conditioned HVAC space
6) South east corner, approximately 12x12 sunroom. Off conditioned HVAC space
7) West room, guest room, library, sufficient to be retrofitted as master.
8) North east wing, primary master area/suite.
9) Master bedroom, master bath, storage, laundry, workout room/music room in North east wing. Sufficient to be retrofitted for 2 bedrooms future date
10) Must have wall space to accommodate an excess of 24 linear feet of 8’ bookshelves, 15’ of 48” bookshelves, 12’ of 5’ bookshelves
11) Closed stairway to basement, sufficient for air flow control
12) Open stairway to second floor.
13) Second floor spaces: North room overlooking living area; east room overlooking woods
14) Allowance for addition of trombe wall north first to second floor though it may not be allowed in initial construction due to code
15) Outside areas: North – courtyard open with north porch; West – screened or open (undecided) but with windows shaded from all direct sunlight; South – minimal to allow light into basement; East – decking? Undecided.
16) Garage will be constructed north west corner – unattached.
17) Grading has been complete and driveway will run on west side of house
18) Basement will be open daylight for approximately 900 sf to the southeast corner. Crawlspace elsewhere.
19) Geothermal is being considered for HVAC. In any case, home is to be zoned: main area, northeast wing, 2nd floor, basement.
20) Well and septic on site
21) 34.47° N, 84.43° W are approximate lat/long
Areas to address:
1) Layout is in excess of 2400 sf, need to reduce this area.
2) Construction costs are a concern and any efficiencies for this are welcomed.
3) Exterior is to be cost effective/reasonable maintenance
4) Layout is awkward on east side of house, suggestions welcome.
5) Desire outside cooking area
6) In my pictures, shed roofs abound (easier to construct) and it may be that these are more effective in sunlight control, but gables may be possible
7) A west entrance for airflow into main areas was looked at, but I could not incorporate it.
8) I am not a fan of contemporary architecture. This is a rural/mountain residence.
9) This project will be executed in 18 to 22 months.
I am looking for an architect who is able to incorporate the above ideas/concepts in an effective and cost efficient manner; more is not necessarily better. Improving my work to incorporate such efficiencies should be the goal. I am interested in quality not in display. My ideas incorporate such ideas as multiple use areas and comfort. I have used the work of Susanka and Vassalo for many of my ideas.
I am listing as small project to start until I see how this venue produces.
Happy to help with your Mountain Home prject. I am a Licensed Texas architect. Thanks, Jim
Linda, Hello, my name is Jeremiah with r | one studio architecture. I have more than 8 years experience in professional practice specializing in residential design and construction. I do not subscribe to any particu Plus
28 freelance font une offre moyenne de $581 pour ce travail
Hi I am an architect with 15 years experience. I see this project as an interesting design development exercise and would love to work on it. I have the ability to cut down on circulation and leftover spaces and to m Plus
Veteran owned Professional Drafting Company located in Virginia. I can provide you quality drawings to building code and keep you up to date with every step of the way. We look forward to working with you.
Hello! We are Archiminds, and are interested in your job offer as we are be suitable for it. Our company provides different outsourcing services as you can see on our website and of course we can get done your projec Plus
[Architecture Residence on Mountain] Dear sir, very interested with this project on hand. Look forward for a kind response and favorable acceptance soon. Thanks.
Hi.I understand your project. I have 8 years of experience in 3ds max and autocad. * I have done several projects like the one you have [url removed, login to view] can check my reviews. * You can see my quality from my portfolio. * And Plus
Hello dear client! We are very interested in your project and ready to start working on it as soon as possible. About US: Studio POZITIZ offers full range of interior design, exterior design and architectural modeling. Plus
Hello, I am interested in working on this project for you. I like your ideas, the area looks beautiful. I have sent you a private message with further details and examples of my work. Hope this is of interest Plus
Dear Sir it's our privilege to be incorporated with you. We ensure providing best quality product with sharp time frame. thanking you. You visit us our samples
Dear Sir, We are a team of licensed architects, 10 years experience in residential projects. Your demands were very interesting and the information complete- after listed it, we already started discussing and sketching Plus
Hi. I'm Berna from Philippines, Architecture College Graduate. More than 6 years of working experience as AutoCAD Manager. I do also freelance works such as Drawing document for City Government, Turning Skecthes int Plus
Architect / Interior Designer "Demonstrator in faculty of fine arts-Department of architecture, Alexandria University, Egypt-" BSc., SS. ------------------------------------------------------------------ and also exp Plus
o 10 years extensive consultancy experience in residential & commercial unit constructions o Skilled in 2D CAD, SKETCH UP PRO, Kerkythea, Free-Hand drawing and Color-Rendering, and MS Office applications. o Very goo Plus
Good day. Lets get started. I've been a residential designer for more the n 20 years, I can give you construction documents as well as 3D/BIM energy analysis. And being a mechanical engineer, I can also do all the Plus
I am an registered architect in the hilly state of himachal pradesh in north india. will be happy to be involved in the project