Patricio System is currently looking for a Senior-level AutoCAD Support Analyst to join our team in our Los Angeles, CA office. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic to work with engineers, hydrogeologists, project managers, and other technical staff in the preparation of drawings, designs and figures associated with technical documents. Organization, communication, and design skills will be essential to efficiently produce quality outputs, while meeting budget and schedules on multiple concurrent projects.
Knowledge of user environment configuration including options, profiles, menu toolbars, template setup. Familiar with system development lifecycle. Must have good communication skills and be able to work in fast pace agile project development environment.
Gas utility experience and Automated Utility Design (AUD) is required.
Technical skills for this position requires development of documentation and good communication skills. Successful performance of the work requires knowledge of information technology systems design and maintenance practices and procedures.
Responsibilities will include providing CAD support on a wide variety of engineering projects, including renewable energy, site remediation, geotechnical engineering, permitting, solid waste containment facility design, corrective action and construction projects.
• The candidate will be fluent in various software packages so as to develop civil drawings for all phases of the engineering design.
• The candidate will analyze sketches, notes, and other input material to determine the best approach to prepare drawings and operate a CAD workstation with proficiency in a fast paced utility firm.
• This position may also involve field assignments on Sempra Energy projects.
• Work closely with senior design engineers to develop civil drawings using AutoCAD
• Shall be familiar with the practices and procedures pertaining to technical matters in ONE or more of the following areas: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Surveying, GIS and Mapping or PLS CAD
• Shall maintain a working knowledge of internal and external CAD standards and the drawing database.
• Revise or prepare drawings with neatness and a minimum of errors.
• Assist in the gathering of survey information and the development of plans and maps from field notes.
• Perform tasks such as digitizing, copying and scanning of drawings, prints and maps.
• Assist in the acquisition of on-site field data to accomplish the design or to monitor and evaluate equipment performance.
• Generate drawing transmittals as may be required.
• Maintain accurate drawing records by entering and maintaining drawing database information.
• Self check all work and check the work of others as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned. Required Skills
Optional Responsibilities but not required:
• Provide technical support for GIS (ArcMap), AVEVA P&ID, E3D & AutoCAD/AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 applications.
• Knowledge of Windows Active directory procedures & polices, Familiar with databases tables, access and roles.
• Familiar with application testing, application enhancement process. Python, C++, VBA ecosystem
• Experience with 3D modelling design procedures, Plotting, Laser scan technology and software.
• Knowledge and experience with desktop software such as MS Office (MSWord, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint & Access).
• 3+ years’ experience or working knowledge with ESRI ArcGIS and Schneider ArcFM products and GIS mobile/ desktop/ web implementations
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Geographical Information System (GIS), related discipline, or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of the use of AutoCAD and Civil 3D software, including, but not limited to, the development of horizontal and vertical alignments, grading, profiles, sections, pipe networks, quantities, surfaces, and knowledge of CAD Standards required.
• Experience with working with California Gas or Electrical companies
Must be a US Citizen