Looking for an assistant composer to prepare Ableton sessions for "remixes." I say "remixes" - because it's a remix of my own material. Looking for producers who are versed in creating downtempo electronica, upbeat dance music, and also hiphop. Bonus if you can do all those styles, and also fine if you're just really good in one of them.
You must be EXTREMELY familiar with Ableton Live (either 9 or 10... but preferably 10) - which means:
* You know how to create/organize clips (warping, setting loop lengths, etc.)
* You know how to group tracks, create basic drum racks, route audio
* You know how to keep sets/sessions/arrangements organized and "tidy" (consistent use of colors, naming tracks/loops, etc.)
* You know how to "mix down" clips via resampling, or freezing clips - to help normalize volumes or "bake in" some effects/compression/etc.
* You know how to "slice" audio to a MIDI track, for "MPC style" playing.
1. I will be sketching/improvising ideas into arrange view (multi-track recording), creating a number of different ideas.
2. You should be able to review/listen/identify the best sections of my recordings, and then copy those into loops/clips in Session view. Sometimes I might listen/highlight sections I think we the best ideas/take. But would also love for you to bring YOUR input/discernment to the table.
3. You might need to "mix down" some material - possibly resampling/freezing sections to more concise audio clips.
4. Create/save a new set from this material, and organize the clips to be "re-performed"/remixed (by a Push/Launchpad/etc) - which would be "recorded" into an arrangement.
5. Would also love if you could quickly create 3-4 quick "songs" from this (just sketches, like a rough draft). Either from recording a "performance" using the clips (via the Push/Launchpad/etc), or by laying out a "song" in session view. This gives me a head start to work from. Would be best if you were able to create a variety of ideas. Emphasizing again that these would be "sketches" - not finished productions.
6. You share the sets back with me (ideally through [login to view URL] - a free music collaboration platform), and I will finish up the tracks from there.
7. BONUS - if you might be able to help with refining/mixing these songs at further stage in development. I send more developed ideas back for re-mixing, or re-production. Or if you're skilled a mixing songs (EP, compression, balance, etc.). My first priority is to get the basics done. Just identify your skills in this area, if you have them.
Please provide links to examples of your work online when applying.
I'm a composer/producer/artist - who does mostly electronica, but also orchestral music for film scores. My goal is to massively increase my output, and I just need more help to do that.
Links to my music:
[login to view URL]
[login to view URL]
[login to view URL]
Payment will ultimately be project based, and not by the hour. However, project goals/payment are based upon you spending about 2-3 hours of work per project. For example, you will receive the material from me, maybe spend an hour processing the material and setting it up a set in Ableton Live, then maybe about another hour (or two?) creating a few different "sketches" (rough drafts). Then you pass it back. I might send you about 3-10 projects like this per week.
Hi! I am a music producer from italy and I'd like to work on your project, I love remixies:) here's some of my stuff --> [login to view URL] Have a look and let me know! Cecilia.
13 freelance font une offre moyenne de $6/heure pour ce travail
Hello, I'm an experienced Music Producer with more than 4 years of experience (in Ableton) and more than 100 releases and remixes, so I can definitely help you with this! Best Regards, Fre3 Fly
I am a Music producer, i could help you with all about audio files,produce new songs, audio softwares, etc, thanks. I work with FLStudio, but i can do it with Ableton.