Summary: Complete network and internet access failure occurring each 2 to 4 hours or earlier. There is no access any more (or extremely slow) to elastix server ([url removed, login to view]), extensions are not available to place or receive calls, access to vtiger crm is not posible or very slow, internet access is sometimes imposible, sometimes only slow.
· This problem is present now for some days or maybe weeks already.
· First it occurred every 4 to 8 hours but recently its almost all the time
· Usually the following observations can be made
o Phones/extensions cannot conect to server elastix (no service), no calling is available any more.
o Access to elastix admin module ([url removed, login to view]) is extremly slow or imposible
o Access to vtiger crm ([url removed, login to view]) is extremly slow or imposible
o Internet access is sometimes imposible or slow
· After conecting to the elastix admin module ([url removed, login to view])
o Usually I can observe unusual high cpu activity in elastix
o The same then reviewing the cpu with free pbx
o Both values usually differ ..
o On the flash operator panel some or all extensions are not connected
o Sometimes lines are ocupied for hours too
What we did so far:
· Restarting the elastix server [url removed, login to view] mostly by using the bottom on the unit (because sometimes it will not respond any more to soft restart by browser) always has solved the problem for some hours.
· First we thought problem was the ISP but they came by and did a lot of testing, the conclusion was that the orange box (elastix server) was causing the problem. I tend to agree because rebooting the elastix always solves the problem
· Another guess was the MICROTIC but in an ocation I switched all pc from MICROTIC to CISCO and the problem did not disappear either.
· I finally believe there is any process which is generating overcharge and problems on the elastix server .. even if I cannot understand why this should interfere with the internet access???!!