Instructions To Integrate [url removed, login to view] website with PROTX.
1) The page [url removed, login to view] needs to have the checkout button connecting to Protx. DO NOT bother with shoppingcartUS.asp. You may find you need to put extra pages up to collect the customer name, email address and postal address etc.
2) When a user clicks checkout it needs to create a unique order id code which it stores in a table in the Access Database. Along with this it needs to store details of the order. What was ordered, the quantity of each item that was ordered, the total value of the order, the name of the customer, email address, postal address and date of the order.
3) Once the order has gone through the PROTX system you will need to collect the order id of each successful transaction and match this order id with one that is in the sites database and mark it as paid.
4) The success page after they have given their credit card details will have to display all the details about the order. Including their name, email, postal address, what they have ordered, quantity of each item ordered, total value of order and date of order. This success page should also have the Pro White Smile banner at the top and the buttons at the left hand side of the page.
5) There should be an area where my client can log in and see a list of all the orders in the database. This list could be just the order id, date and customer name.
My client should then be able to click on any order in the list to view the full order details. The newest orders should be at the top of the page.
When you click on an order it takes you to a page which displays all the details about the order including what they ordered, quantities of what they ordered, postal address, order id, email, date of order.
This area should only be accessible by typing in a username and password. This username and password should be kept in a table in the database. So we can change it at any time if we want to.
Orders where the credit card transaction are unsuccessful should not appear in the list of orders.
The files for this area should be in a different folder from the rest of the site.
6) Transactions where the order is unsuccessful should be pointed at a page saying.
Unfortunately we were unable to process your credit or debit card.
7) All the public pages you create for this site should have the banner at the top and buttons at the side that is common to all existing pages. Apart from the pages where my client logs in to view his order. These can just be plain.
8) The orders tables should be in the place in the prowhitesmileDB.mdb. All products should be identified by the productid and the product name which you will find in the table producttable.