All of the following parts are school exercises, NOT for real world use, and are very simple, nothing fancy needs to be done in terms of both design and functionality. In fact one REQUIREMENT is that the code needs to be preferably done in a very basic beginner way, nothing advanced if possible. One simple elegant external stylesheet is enough for all the parts. This css stylesheet also needs to be very small simple and minimal to be at the beginner level. Almost like this example [url removed, login to view]
But it should be with some color.
Part 1: ONE simple web page using [url removed, login to view] with TWO features:
1. The webpage uses a persistent cookie to keep track of how many times someone has visited the webpage. So basically it should show the number of hits for the webpage.
2. The webpage displays the IP address of the computer viewing the webpage (client computer)
This part is very simple. As already mentioned, the design (css) should be simple, just use simple headings.
Part 2: ONE simple web page using [url removed, login to view] AJAX that shows a slideshow as follows:
1. A text file or database should hold a list of URLs of pictures, title of pictures, description (max 128 characters) of pictures
2. The webpage should use [url removed, login to view] AJAX to create a slideshow from the list of pictures in the text file or database
Again this should be as simple as possible in terms of design and functionality.
The pictures data can be random pictures found on the internet, 5 pictures should be enough to start with. I should be able to add more pictures data in the text file and the slideshow should show the new pictures without any code modification.
Part 3: ONE webpage in [url removed, login to view] where you can select and customize a computer
• Webpage contains only 1 Form
• Form contains a list menu or drop-down menu to select computers (choose random computer laptop models like Dell Inspiron i14z-2501sLV )
• Form then should have few options to select RAM, Hard drive Size, Graphics card, etc that you would normally customize.
• The layout, exact options, etc. are all flexible and you can do what is easiest and simplest and makes sense.
• The form should have a “Checkout” button that submits the form, this should not do anything functional except PRINT DETAILS of the order on the screen (like what customizations were chosen, etc.)
Again this should be as simple and easy as possible in terms of design and functionality, at the beginner level.
Part 4: create a simple “computer store front” using ASP.NET. Basically it adds to PART 3 and PART 2.
• Home page with slideshow copied from PART 2 above, the pictures data should be stored in the database table about the laptop computer.
• Order page should be copied from PART 3 above, the details and customizations should also be stored and retrieved from the database table about the laptop computer
• 1 “About” web page about the store with short random text
• Unlike Part 3, when the user clicks checkout button, the order should be added to an order database table. Information about the order should still be displayed on the screen.
• Basically the web controls on the web pages should be connected to the database
This should be still done at a very basic, introductory beginner level. This is very flexible, you can add things if you want. Design is flexible too. It should look like a basic store.