This is a private project for AlisonBi to write four whitepapers of 4-5 pages each:
1. Choosing the right option when implementing a new IT system. Discuss the pro's and con's of
• Buying a Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) system and configure it to your needs.
• Engaging an external vendor to deliver a bespoke system.
• Utilising internal resources to develop a new system.
• Revamping your existing system to accommodate your changing requirements.
It is important to ask the question "What is the main purpose of this system? Is it I a core business system that provides competitive edge, or is it an ancillary system aimed at improving efficiency"
2. PM methodology. From Scrum to Prince2, what are the differences in PM methodologies
, what are the benefits/pitfalls of using the different methodologies, when should you be using what methodology.
3. What is quality? How do you measure quality? How do you decide how important quality is to your organisation? How do you ensure that you achieve the level of quality you need?
4. Are formal requirements still relevant in today's fast paced world? Approaches to requirements gathering/management for agile and traditional organisations.
Each whitepaper should be accompanied be a synopsis of about 100 words.