• Responsibilities of a Hadoop admin include – deploying a Hadoop cluster, maintaining a Hadoop cluster, adding and removing nodes using cluster monitoring tools like Cloudera Manager, configuring the Name Node high availability and keeping a track of all the running Hadoop jobs.
• Implementing, managing and administering the overall Hadoop infrastructure.
• Takes care of the day-to-day running of Hadoop clusters
• A Hadoop administrator will have to work closely with the database team, network team, BI team and application teams to make sure that all the big data applications are highly available and performing as expected.
• Install patches and cluster upgrade
• Hadoop admin is responsible for capacity planning and estimating the requirements for lowering or increasing the capacity of the Hadoop cluster.
• Hadoop admin is also responsible for deciding the size of the Hadoop cluster based on the data to be stored in HDFS.
• Ensure that the Hadoop cluster is up and running all the time.
• Monitoring the cluster connectivity and performance.
• Manage and review Hadoop log files.
• Backup and recovery tasks
• Resource and security management
• Troubleshooting application errors and ensuring that they do not occur again.
• Contribute to strategic and tactical projects to drive and define Data and Information Architecture and Strategy
• Design and implement best practice guidelines for each application. 24x7x365 Support and support Disaster Recovery activities.
• Participate in the development of enterprise data strategy, including a Big Data strategy
• Analyzing business requirements and functional specifications and being able to derive Data based solutions that support the requirements
• Provide support on use of common enterprise information strategies and promote their use and enhancement by new projects
• Tactical data analysis, data requirements gathering / documentation, data mapping, and data modeling
• Assist with Data Architect with Data Modeling
Experience in large-scale database administration dealing with data warehousing systems
Experience in Hadoop (Cloudera highly preferred)
Experience with CDP (Cloudera Distributed Platform)
Solid background in Linux shell scripting and system administration
Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet or SALT Stack
9 freelances font une offre moyenne de 18 $/heure pour ce travail
hi my name is imran working as big data hadoop admin having 7 years of exp i will done your work done oh big data hadoop admin lets chat and discuse. thanks imran chaush
hi I am big data engineer . looking for opportunities I have worked on similar type of project having 1 billions transaction data on HDP 3.0 big data services. I am looking forward to work on this project.
I am Deepak .I work as a Hadoop Administrator from last 2 year and I am responsible to manage the Hadoop cluster and running jobs .my skills are hive,oozie, sqoop,hbase,tez, mapreduce etc.