The project is about creating a script that will automate the installation of Android x86 ([login to view URL])
In addition to the base system, the script must also install :
- the latest Long-term support version of Docker,
- the latest Long-term support version of SSH client & server,
- the latest Long-term support version of VNC Server
- run a custom bash script of which the source path or URL must be read from a configuration file
- install a custom APK of which the source path or URL must be read from a configuration file
Since this base system purpose is to be used as a base for a software running in Kiosk-mode, the following requirements must be met :
- the boot loader must be customized in order to show an image of which the source path or URL must be read from a configuration file
- the operating system must allow applications to run in fullscreen
- the operating system must be starting automatically the custom APK and by default, the user can only access the applications that are available on the home screen. The user can not access the settings (except the network: Wifi / mobile network settings which are accessible trough the status bar), files or other functions unless providing an administrator password (which is set in a configuration file)
Also, the Play Store must be available on the operating system.
We must ensure that the USB and serial ports, that may be available on the computer installing this base system, will be recognized and working on the operating system.
The install script must be mostly autonomous and must not require any local dependency, i.e. all dependencies, even the base system, must by automatically downloaded from the Internet using a secure canal, either https or http with signed packages (such as APT).