Looking for an Active Directory expert to resolve a permissions issue we are having in our small business. We are based in London W1 and ideally would like to resolve this week (commencing 4 April). We would like this resolved in person rather than remotely.
I have a Windows 2008 Foundation R2 server with 7 clients. The server is a 6mth old Dell Poweredge 110 and the clients are all 6mth old Dell Vostro V13 and 1510s running WIndows 7 Professional. The clients are all joined to the domain and AD is running & controls access to the shared network drive. Most of my users can access, open and save files no problem - but a few users have significant problems. When they try to save any files they are no longer visible by the user or other users of the network drive. When I access them using the server and go to view permissions, I see the file is "Unable to display current owner". If I reset the owner to Administrators then all users are able to see and edit the file again - but when they save the same file after editing the problem reappears.
Thanks for the bids so far, some additional information on what I have tried soar may be of use:
I have the permissions on the top-level folder for the owner to be "Staff" (a group containing all users) with Full Control to this folder, subfolder and files.
I have tried a few things including:
1) Resetting the permissions on the top-level folder - by checking in advanced security settings "replace all child object permissions from this object". This resolves the issue for existing files but new files created still don't have an owner.
2) Adding the user to the Administrators group - no effect
3) Deploying 'owner rights' as per the following page: http://22.214.171.124/en-us/library/dd125370%28WS.10%29.aspx
4) Changing group policy to set Administrators as the default owner on objects created by administrators as per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947721
5) Reviewing the settings in AD Users & Computers for a user that is able to save files and replicating these on the user that is having trouble (though I do note that the user where everything is working, the current owner is always set as "administrators")
The issue is very similar to the following query (but there isn't a satisfactory answer here):
I am not sure whether the Freelancer system will allow you to bid above/below the budget so if you feel the £250-£750 range is not appropriate feel free to PM me with a bid.
12 freelance font une offre moyenne de £279 pour ce travail
Sir We i would like to bid on this project and I am MCITP certified maintaining almost 500 Servers worldwide with a team of 50 professionals it wont take much .
Hi there, I am a qualified network and systems administrator, specialising in Windows Server and Active Directory environments. Please see PM, look forward to hearing from you.
Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to offer my services. MCP Microsoft Certified Professional,Experience with Windows Server 2008 (R2). Communication in English is not a problem.
We give you the solution over your network problem within few hours, with promise to payback if you feel any issue in our service Best Regard's Hammad Ali Uppal