Looking for these skills for ongoing work:
- Knowledge account systems and chart of accounts - ideally Navision.
- Analysis Service Tabular (developed in Visual Studio)
- SQL Server 2017 / T-SQL
- Power BI / Excel
I would like to hire a freelancer for ongoing adhoc help with T-SQL, Analysis Service 2017 Tabular model and MS SQL Server in a Power BI end product. It is a plus if you have R experience, but no requirement.
I would like try you out and see how you go with a little analysis service tabular and sql server test.
Demodata from Navision will be sufficient:
- [login to view URL]!Avv21PE6dF49hMkxSDoo8kenqbzzEQ (SQL Server .bak backup)
- Table: CRONUS UK Ltd_$G_L Account (Chart of Accounts)
- Table: CRONUS UK Ltd_$G_L Entry (entries associated with accounts)
Task is simple, take a Navision Chart of Accounts and Navision GL entries and model it as parent child with working totalling accounts. The less hardcoded the better.
The final product will be presented in Excel or Power BI so logic should be in Analysis Service.
The test is, that you show chart of account postings in the hieachy which is listed in GL Account with Totalling row ranges. The Totalling accounts will summerize a range of accounts dynamicly at the level you are to construct at dynamicly calculating and correct PNL (you cannot try to solve the task in TSQL).