The research paper requires you to study a sub-culture and submit a 2000 words essay
Whilst the contents of the paper will vary to suit the topic and will be determined by you, the paper will:
1. Deal with a culture, sub-culture or topic that is unfamiliar to you and highlight examples of cultural difference, stereotyping, discrimination and other concepts taught in the course.
2. Demonstrate evidence of primary (e.g., participant) and or secondary (e.g., document) research selected from several (e.g., 4-6) information sources.
3. Exhibit sensitivity and empathy toward individuals, groups and or organisations.
4. Incorporate some content relevant to tourism or hospitality experiences or settings.
1. Compare and contrast how ethnicity, gender and age might influence employment in the tourism/hospitality industry in your country of birth and in Australia? Which one out of ethnicity, gender and age seems to be the most influential in the respective countries?
• Compare literatures between two nations on ethnicity, gender and age, and employment respectively.
• Identify the differences and similarities.
• Discuss the most influential characteristic(s) in the respective countries
2. Discuss the concept of emotional labour. Select and describe a work place within international tourism and explain how emotional labour is a feature of that workplace. Do you find this concept useful for understanding the relationship between diversity and emotional labour in the workplace?
• Definitions of emotional labour
• Establish the literature that how emotional labour occurs in international tourism/hospitality organisations
• Link characteristics like gender or age with emotional labour
3. Compare national government policies on equal opportunities and the employment of people from different cultural backgrounds in your country of birth with that in Australia. How different are the employment policies in the two countries?
• Compare government policies between two nations on equal employment opportunities based on the employees from different cultural backgrounds.
• Identify the differences and similarities between the two nations.
• Discuss the strength and weakness of the policies in the respective countries
4. Discuss the effect of cultural diversity in the tourism/hospitality workplace on customer satisfaction in Asia Pacific region. Using appropriate literature argue a case for how cultural diversity might either increase or decrease customer satisfaction.
• Literature review of cultural diversity impacts on customer satisfaction in tourism/hospitality industry.
• Discuss and explain the benefit or disadvantage of cultural diversity impacts on customer satisfaction
5. Critically analyse the literature between 2010-2012 on the employment of refugees in the Australian workplace. Provide an argument either supporting or rejecting the employment of refugees to Australia in the tourism/hospitality industry.
• literature review of the refugee employment in Australian workplace between 2010-2012
• discuss and explain the benefits and disadvantages of refugee employment
Tell me your choice by sending message to me, or i will ignore your bid;
Criteria & Marking:
(1) the depth of research (i.e. detail and understanding) you display about the topic (10 marks),
(2) your ability to use concepts and ideas from lectures, tutorials and or readings (10 marks),
(3) the level of cultural awareness or sensitivity evident in your research (10marks),
(4) the quality of written communication skills (5 marks).
Unpack the topic, definitions and review of the topic
References between 2006 –2012 (inclusive) (5-10 references, APA style)
Discussion and Application:
Discuss the major findings and integrate with the literature
Lecture notes and recommended readings can be provided on request
More than 3 days bids will be ignored
8 freelance ont fait une offre moyenne de 95 $ pour ce travail
Dear Client! I would like to offer my services for this project. I have been into academic writing for more than 6 years now. Please check PMB for further details. Cheers Regards
Hi, thanks for posting a project. I have read all the details carefully, and I am ready to work with you. Further detail and samples are in your inbox. -