To what extent is airport expansion in the UK an environmental policy issue?
Does the concept of sustainability help justify airport expansion?
• Bailey, I., Gouldson, A. and Newell, P., 2011. Ecological modernisation and the
governance of carbon: a critical analysis. Antipode, 43 (3), pp.682-703.
• Bows, A., & Anderson, K. L. (2007). Policy clash: Can projected aviation growth be
reconciled with the UK Government's 60% carbon-reduction target?. Transport Policy,
• Goulden, M., Ryley, T., & Dingwall, R. (2014). Beyond ‘predict and provide’: UK transport,
the growth paradigm and climate change. Transport Policy, 32, 139-147.
• House of Commons Library (2015) Transport Briefing Paper. N. CBP-7177. 14th May 2015.
Note: Section 7 – policy focus 5: airport expansion.
• Revell, A., 2005. Ecological modernization in the UK: rhetoric or reality?. European
Environment, 15(6), pp.344-361.
• [url removed, login to view]