My girl friend and I are planning to move to Nairobi and are looking for a house to rent.
I have seen various places already on [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view] but its time consuming so I'd thought I'd seek some help (I have time - rent can start in July or August). Here's what I am looking for:
1. Preferably, Place must be close (walking distance) to a joggers park which allows dogs (we have one big dog). The parks which come to mind are: Arobretum, Jaffrey's, Karura forest, Sigria..
2. If not walking distance, then it should be a short drive from the park and there should be parking available at the park (for e.g., Karura yes, Arboretum probably no?).
3. Budget: under KES 350,000 (its ok to go higher - will try to negotiate and see but I'd prefer not to pay more than 350K a month).
4. Preferably House must be on at least 0.5 acres plot and minimum 3BHK.
5. it doesn't matter if the house is in a gated community or stand-alone.
6. No apartments, unless its a nice penthouse and close to a park
I think [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view] (facebook) should be enough for you to look/post. My preference is westland, gigiri, lavington and if all fails - Karen. You will need to call the agents listed to know exact location so as to determine if close to park - but you can first determine by reading the description.
Please create spreadsheet or word file like one attached with no more than 20 suggestions (please use your discretion - don't list a property unless you think it has some merit). Would prefer someone who knows Nairobi well.