We are looking for a very simple script (I think).
We have a paid membership site. Currently when members log-in (first-time visitors and repeat visitors), they land on our “home” page of the membership site, lets call this PAGE 3.
We have created two more pages, PAGE 1 – is the new landing page (ghost) which will have the script and PAGE 2 is a “new member welcome” page for first time visitors/logins.
Here is what we are looking for the script to do:
(1) All members (new and old) land on PAGE 1 (not visible to visitors) after login,
(2) the script on PAGE 1 then based on IP address and cookies determines if the member/visitor is new (first time) or repeat (existing member)
(3) If the visitor is new, a tracking cookie is placed and IP recorded, he is then re-directed to PAGE 2 (new member welcome page)
(4) If the visitor/member is repeat/existing (based on IP or cookie), he is redirected to PAGE 3 (Home page)
(5) PAGE 1 needs to be a transparent redirect (not visible to visitors, only purpose is to run the script and redirect)
The goal of the script is simple, to be able to recognize new members (based on IP and cookies) and send them to a special welcome page on their first log-in. We want to use both IP and cookies in the script, to back up each other and reduce errors.
Bid should include installation assistance and mention of the language you propose on using to create it. Please also be specific on the time you need to complete this.