1. Either a validation script or the local DOM hangs, causing people to click/press the “Submit” button on multiple occasions.
2. This results in multiple unwanted form submissions.
3. Unfortunately, I do not have the luxury of relying on server-side validation like PHP or ASP; however, I can host *.js scripts on the server-side.
Primary Critical Solution Desired:
1. Disable submit button on-click and/or press for 30 seconds and keep disabled even if all required fields been properly completed and the visitor is redirected to confirmation pages then navigates back to form. This solution must also properly function reliably in a cross-browser and cross-device-type environment.
Secondary Solution Desired:
1. Replace jQuery validate with parsley validation. Here’s a simple example of my current validation methods/techniques: [url removed, login to view]+form+validation.htm. Here’s a simple example of Parsley-dependent validation: [url removed, login to view] Here is a brief comparison between the two validation methods which compel me to want to move away from jQuery: [url removed, login to view] Here is the official knowledgebase for Parsley: [url removed, login to view]
Functional Parsley Requirements:
(a) Remove current jQuery-dependent email address validation and replace with parsley.
(b) Remove current jQuery phone number field validation and replace with parsley. Field masking should like the following on focus and prior to keying in any digits: (xxx) xxx-xxxx.
(c) CSS classes to change the following states:
* Focus fade-in color (prior to keying in information).
* Correct and incorrect input value color.
* Ability to easily change where error messages appear. Three scenarios:
-- Above all form fields in a single combined styleable error message. The background color for unanswered required fields should change to a different color.
-- Individually below each form field requiring an answer value. The background color for unanswered required fields should change to a different color. Here is an example: [url removed, login to view]
-- Below all form fields but above submit button in a single combined styleable error message. The background color for unanswered required fields should change to a different color.
(e) Code must be clean and well commented.
Skills Required: jQuery, jQuery validation, Parsley Validation, CSS, Bootstrap, HTML5
Skills Desired: JSON.