Blurb: We require a freelance 360 videographer who is also skilled in audio recording to film approx. 250-300 lines of dialogue in a ‘recognisable outdoor location’, with an actor, for our immersive language learning website.
Countries required: One videographer & actor from each of Germany, Spain (or Mexico), France, Saudi Arabia (or Lebanon), Russia, Japan, China and Brazil.
STARTING THE SEARCH IN BERLIN
Backstory: Based in New Zealand, ImmerseMe is a virtual reality-based language learning platform with the vision of becoming ‘the world’s best academic language tool’. ImmerseMe is poised to make a meaningful and lasting impact on global languages education, being recognised twice in [login to view URL]’s top 100 global education innovations for 2020 & 2021 then winning People’s Choice Award in LaunchPad, a language education technology competition through the University of Hawai’i Language Flagship in Feb 2021. Due to COVID our team are not able to travel and capture new content easily so we are building a global network of freelance videographers and actors to help us shoot new educational material across a dozen target languages.
Website: [login to view URL]
Intro video: [login to view URL]
Case study: [login to view URL]
Target Languages: Arabic (MSA), French, Japanese, German, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Russian and Brazilian Portuguese (English, Italian, Indonesian and Greek not required immediately but enquiries welcome)
Contract Type: One-off, but may lead to regular ongoing work
Hours: 8-10 hours required
Remuneration: To be negotiated
Location: We require the videographer and actor to meet in a ‘recognisable outdoor location’ within their locale, to be agreed between parties, local recommendations welcome.
Contact: Scott Cardwell, ImmerseMe Co-founder and CEO
• Video interview with CEO (1 hour)
• Introductory video meeting with actor and CEO (1 hour)
• Travel allowance (approx. 1-2 hours)
• 360 filming with actor including wireless audio capture (3-4 hours)
• Stitching + uploading footage to Google Drive (1-2 hours)
• 360 video camera, minimum Samsung Gear 360 or Insta360 capable of 3840 x 1920 (30 fps) or better
• Light stand and pivot swivel for securing 360 camera square at eye level on potentially uneven surface
• Wireless lapel microphone, foam windscreen + receiver like Sennheiser EW G4
• Wireless audio recorder like Zoom H4n and wired headphones
• Mobile phone (or iPad) for actor to hold with lines of dialogue preloaded
We're looking for someone who...
• has a passion for beautiful 360 videography and audio capture
• has strong attention to detail to ensure all content is recorded accurately
• is reliable and punctual to meetings, shoots and deadlines
• has solid communication and interpersonal skills
• is proficient with Google Drive and Google Sheets
• is confident in writing and speaking in English (B2/intermediate+)
Along with a CV, must be able to send uploaded video example (i.e. through YouTube/Vimeo) of their 360 videography work which includes external actor audio captured from a wireless mic. Or a separate video demonstrating external actor audio captured within regular 1080 video.
ImmerseMe is growing rapidly so this is an opportunity to show your value and abilities which may lead to more regular ongoing freelance videography work.
• Step 1) Submit your CV and example 360 video + audio
• Step 2) Shortlisted CV’s will be invited to a remote interview with ImmerseMe co-founder and CEO Scott Cardwell
• Step 3) Successful candidate will be notified of role