Statistics: need a sparring partner to help me clarify what methods to use to confirm/reject 3 hypotheses
- État: Closed
- Prix: €100
- Propositions reçues: 1
- Gagnant: mehmoodfaisal61
Résumé du concours
I am looking a sparring partner, who can help me identify a meaningful way to either validate or reject 3 hypotheses that I have about certain functions (time series, shared x axis).
All the functions are highly correlated (Spearman, between 0.8 and 0.99) - therefore the 3 hypotheses are around that topic of correlation.
Given the set of correlated functions, the hypotheses are:
1) One of the functions is leading, the other ones follow, but the following functions react with a higher swings (up and down) than the leading function.
2) There are times when the correlation of certain following functions breaks down. After a period they become again correlated to the leading function.
3) There is a time lag between the leading function and the reaction of the following functions.
What I am looking for is a person with deep knowledge in statistics, who can lead in the right direction how to test those hypotheses and either reject or validate them. This means: what type of tests I should perform, what types of graphs I can look at, how can I measure the effect.
I imagine this to work the following way:
1) A roughly 2 hour initial discussion. Afterwards I will do the work required to apply what has been discussed in those roughly 2 hours.
2) A second discussion (perhaps a week or so later) on the results and perhaps discussion on further ideas to be tested.
I have already gathered the data required.
Masters or phd in mathematics, physics, statistics or signal processing is a definite MUST for this project.
Many thanks in advance
Commentaire de l'employeur
“I really enjoyed working with Faisal, he helped me a lot in my project!”