Media company logo w. theme: Space
- État: Closed
- Prix: $50
- Propositions reçues: 15
- Gagnant: andrewklarer
Résumé de concours
Logo for media production company: Astralis Productions.
1) Must have a well defined icon that can be used on its own. A good idea for a stylish/artistic icon is key.
2) Must have the text "Astralis Productions" with a relatively neutral appearance so icon is focus of attention.
3) Background must be mostly dark.
4) Clean, elegant style. For general examples please see [login to view URL] For examples of icon designs see attached files.
5) Deliver in .aep, .ai or .eps format with all design elements separate.
1) Space themed: Would like icon and/or background elements to be inspired by one or more of the following: The night sky, aurora (e.g. google "aurora corona" for inspiration), elements/views in space. "Astralis" is the Latin origin of the word astral, meaning (from dictionary): of, relating to, or coming from the stars.
2) Would like background to contain a subtle pattern and/or gradients (see "Activa" and "Click" logos at [login to view URL]).
3) The icon: First priority is that it looks good. It's a big plus if it refers to the space theme. Also a plus would be if it involves the letter A (for Astralis), but that is less important.
4) A splash of vivid color(s) for the icon could look good.
5) Emphasize Astralis (e.g. the word Productions with slightly smaller/darker letters below).
6) Easily readable text (not too thin font, fair contrast to background).
7) Text not too flashy (keep colors/gradients toned down somewhat) (note: space theme is meant for icon/background rather than text).
8) Advantage if it looks good scaled down: Icon still catchy, text readable, a bit of background structure still visible.
9) Try to keep a good balance (e.g. avoid the logo being side-heavy with a big empty area in one corner).
10) I'd be interested to see entries involving the monolith from 2001 Space Odyssey.
A good idea for the icon and how to keep it balanced, all in that elegant style, is quite difficult. I couldn't get it right myself, hence this contest. I've updated this brief several times to clarify points, and I apologize to those who submitted while some things weren't clear. Ask if in doubt of anything, as you can see in comments below I am happy to provide as detailed feedback as I can. Thank you for your entries!