Forecast hourly energy consumption for a certain period of time
- État: Closed
- Prix: €1000
- Propositions reçues: 7
- Gagnant: rahulpattar
Résumé du concours
We are a software company that delivers niche software for the energy field, especially to energy suppliers.
Our customers (energy suppliers) are buying energy in advance for their customers (energy consumers), based on energy consumption forecast. They need to have as small errors as possible because errors mean financial loss so that is our contest about.
We need a solution for forecasting the hourly energy consumption based on historical hourly consumption.
Things you should know and take into account:
1. The hourly consumption is stored in a Microsoft SQL database (version 2012 or 2014);
2. Energy consumers are different from each other and they have different consumption patterns (for example one consumer might be a office building and another might be a grocery store or a industrial facility);
3. Energy consumption differs from one month to another. For example some consumers might consume more energy on winter and less on summer, or vice versa;
4. Energy consumption might differ from working day to non working day or legal holidays. For example, an office building or a production facility consumes more energy on Monday - Friday than on Saturday and Sunday. We have legal holiday information (schedule) into the database;
5. Energy consumption might differ for some consumers depending on more factors, such as: outside temperature (office buildings), solar radiation (office buildings, solar energy production facilities), precipitation (water pumping stations), wind (wind energy production facilities), etc.. Some energy consumers might depend on some or all of these factors (more or less) and others might not depend on any of those factors. We currently do not have this information (nor historical data, nor forecasts).
6. Forecasts should be made for a certain period of time, from one day to 3 months.
What are we looking for?
We need a solution for the things mentioned earlier, solution that we can use integrated with our software, for forecasting energy consumption based on historical consumption data. This solution should be preferably coded into the database, but that is not a must. We can accept any solution that solves the problem in a elegant efficient way, with as small errors as possible.
What do we expect from you?
First of all, please describe the path that you think is the best. Please describe the advantages and disadvantages of your proposed solution.
Who should apply to this contest?
We need someone that has experience with forecasting; someone who previously did something similar.
We will not take into account the contest solutions that do not contain at least:
1. Solution full description containing advantages and disadvantages;
2. Example of generated forecast using your solution;
3. From what you will write we will determine if you fully understand the request. If we can not determine from your reply that you understand our request, we will not consider your solution. So, your solution should prove you understood the request;
1. Solution source code;
2. Solution example code for forecasting;
3. Solution compile example for testing purpose.
Also, a bid should be placed for integrating your solution into our platform (our platform is made in C# visual interface with Microsoft SQL database). The consumption is stored into the database as seen in the attached file.
Attached there is a consumption historical data for one consumption point.
Commentaire de l'employeur