Character illustration for a bicycle ride
- État: Closed
- Prix: $250
- Propositions reçues: 91
- Gagnant: biboofamily
Résumé de concours
TWe want a pig on a bicycle to be our mascot for a bike ride called Tour de Fuzz. The illustration is meant to act as a commonly recognized caricature to help with our branding, much like The Michelin (tire) Man, Ronald McDonald. This caricature will NOT be replacing the logo, but augmenting all marketing communications and merchandise, and to be iconic with the Tour de Fuzz brand (visible on the current website: [login to view URL]).
*The design will be used in print materials, on the website, and in our merchandise. The design should be easily used across multiple platforms, but it should not be childish and intriguing graphic work is encouraged.
*The bicycle ride is mostly for adults, mostly male, many of them work as police or in law enforcement or in emergency services). This means it should be an adult male pig, masculine (yet still appealing to women)
*The illustration should also be wholesome -- the kind of illustration that would be acceptable for the Olympics to use. The 'mood' of the pig should be intense (as if he is competing in the olympics) but not angry.
*The pig is also probably better if it is NOT colored pink, since it will be used prominently on clothing, mostly men's clothing (cycling jerseys, tshirts, etc.) -- it would be better if it is colored with grey, black, blue, white, red.
*Above all, it needs to be clear that it is a pig (or boar) and he should have 'personality', probably looking directly at us. Keep in mind you are creating a character that we will use permanently!
*He should be somewhat human-like, clearly a pig but walking around on 2 legs (for an example, look up Clo the Cow)
Here are further details:
A. Details about usage of the design:
• Clothing, with designs varying in future years. Mostly cycling clothing (jersey, bibs, jacket), t-shirt, hooded shirt, socks.
• Print materials: magnet, rack card, flyers of varying sizes, posters.
• Online on Tour de Fuzz websites, etc.
• Potentially signs, decals, etc.
Vector art illustration of a pig bicycling. The design should go well with or without the tour de fuzz logo (as it appears at [login to view URL]) and should look good at various sizes.
C. Design Parameters (General Tone):
• Generally masculine (e.g. pig may be more of a wild boar, such as a razorback pig), must be an adult pig
• May be driven/intense personality (he is in the middle of hard exercise), but not angry.
• The design should be highly catchy and have personality
• Best colors are those we use on our website: blue, black, grey, white, red. The colors represent the colors of emergencies (flashing lights from ambulances or police cars).
• Some suggestions: We like the retro bicycle poster look. (see [login to view URL]). Or it may be somewhat edgy (e.g. more like tattoo art).
• Avoid being too 'cartoonish' -- this design is not a kid's cartoon. It should be appealing and have personality, but not cutesy.
• He should not be 'fat'. He does not need to be 'fit' (it is desirable for him to still be pig-like) but just bulky or with a 'pudge' not obese.