Landscape concept art for a Chinese fantasy novel
- État: Closed
- Prix: $200
- Propositions reçues: 30
- Gagnant: arteo77
Résumé de concours
Paint a scene from a Chinese fantasy novel. This will be given away to fans of the novel as a hi-resolution desktop wallpaper, so please make the final product hi-resolution, with plenty of extra room around the edges to crop to different screen resolutions and ratios. This novel is "xianxia," or "immortal heroes," and features many mythological and fantastic settings. I will list the basic elements here in the description, but please read the attached document for further details. Please feel free to submit sketches for feedback. However, for the final version, I am looking for "completed" concept art, not just a rough digital painting.
1) Mount Flamecrane - an enormous mountain, half-destroyed 5,000 years ago.
2) The fallen sword - a gargantuan ancient sword, far larger than the mountain itself, half stabbed into the ground, covered with magical symbols. The sword should be tilted at an angle. It MUST be a Chinese style straight sword of ancient design. Please see the attached pictures for inspiration. Regarding the magical symbols covering the sword, feel free to use your imagination, but please attempt to make them Asian-inspired as opposed to something like Celtic runes.
3) A shattered wasteland surrounding the mountain. (this mountain is enormous, so the surrounding wasteland may include other mountains or terrain features)
4) Cracks spreading out from the point of impact where the sword stabbed into the ground.
5) A magical energy shield covering the ground around the point of impact.
1) People at the top of the mountain, gathered into four groups in somewhat of a cross formation, with a leader standing in front of each group. Left group: 80 people. Right group 100 people. Top group: 100 people. Bottom group: 120 people. 4 leaders in the middle. Again, I know that this might be impossible to portray, so only put it in if you can.
Please read the attached document entitled "The Fallen Sword Abyss" that has actual passages from the novel with further details.
P.S. I will not pick a winner until the final deadline!
Commentaire de l'employeur
“Really went the extra mile to make changes I asked for. Very happy!”